Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Curried Olive & Cheddar Topped Triscuits

My old colleagues S and L (whom I call my "biological mother") decided to have a little get-together. I suggested a mini-potluck between the three of us at my place since L had never seen my house. I asked S to bring dessert since she's the only one who was working. L brought a soup and salad, while I made an appetizer and the main dish.

S is vegetarian so our meal was meat free. To start us off, I thought I would make little Triscuit treats, with olives and cheese. Unfortunately, while I remembered S disliked mushrooms, I did not realize she is also not a fan of olives! This appetizer combines ingredients that seem a bit odd together, like curry and olives, but I really like these!


Curried Olive & Cheddar Topped Triscuits
* ¼ small onion, chopped finely
* ⅓ cup cheddar cheese, grated
* ¼ cup black olives, roughly chopped
* 2-3 tbsp mayonnaise
* ½ tsp curry powder, or to taste
* about 16 Triscuit, or another type of cracker

Combine the first 5 ingredients and mix.
Top Triscuits with a spoonful of the mixture.
Broil until the cheese is nicely melted.
Tada!


Cheddar, olive, onion, curry and mayo mixture.


Ready for the oven.


I could eat a ridiculous amount of these Triscuits!

No comments: