Friday, October 17, 2008

Brussel Sprouts and Almonds

I don't understand why brussel sprounts are so disliked. I think they're good. But then, I also like cabbage... I was excited to find a recipe with shaved brussel sprouts. I liked the idea of slicing the brussel sprouts.



Sliced Brussel Sprouts and Almonds
Adapted from Shaved Brussel Sprouts with Currants and Chestnuts on Epicurious.com. I did not use currants because I wasn't sure my mom would like it. I also did not use chestnuts since there was already some in the stuffing. We threw in leftover pancetta from the stuffing.

* olive oil
* ½ onion, sliced thinly
* 300 g brussel sprouts, sliced
* salt, to taste
* pancetta
* toasted almonds

Stir fry onion and brussel sprouts in olive oil.
Season with salt.
Add pancetta and mix.
Top with toasted almonds.
Tada!

No comments: