Thursday, October 16, 2008

Garlic and Sun-Dried Tomato Corn Muffin

I don't have much experience with blogging. The question is, should I still write about an unsuccessful recipe? I say yes. Someone should gain something from my mistakes. I made another recipe, adapted from Giada De Laurentiis (did I already mention I like her show??). This time it was Garlic and Sun-Dried Tomato Corn Muffin. It sounded awesome because I love sun-dried tomatoes but I think it was rather strong for my mom and her husband H.



Garlic and Sun-Dried Tomato Corn Muffin (makes 12)
I could not use Giada's recipe because it called for corn muffin mix and I could not find any. Instead, I based myself on an allrecipes.com basic corn muffin recipe. If I made corn muffin again, I would skip the garlic and sun-dried tomato, and replace them with jalapeno peppers. The sun-dried tomato was too salty. Also, I did not mix the garlic very well, and one muffin got the bulk of the garlic. Ouch! Finally, I would have added cheddar cheese if I did not have a non-dairy eating mother (I was hoping she would not notice the milk or sour cream...).

* 1 cup cornmeal
* 1 cup flour
* ⅓ cup sugar (I ommitted sugar but that was a mistake!)
* 2 tsp baking powder
* ½ tsp salt
* ⅓ cup canola oil
* ⅓ cup sour cream
* ½ skim milk
* 1 cup frozen corn kernels
* ⅓ cup sun-dried tomato, sliced
* 1 garlic clove, minced

Mix cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
Add egg, oil, sour cream and milk.
Add the sun-dried tomato, corn and garlic and mix well!
Spoon batter into muffin pan.
Bake at 375F for 15-20 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Tada!

No comments: