Friday, May 22, 2009

Kam Shing Restaurant

6730 Côte-des-Neiges Street
Montréal, Québec
514.731.1401

After reading my friend The Gastronomer's book review of The Fortune Cookie Chronicles and then reading the book itself, I had a serious craving for Chinese food! So I mentioned it to my sister and her boyfriend D when I was in Montréal for a visit. When my sister abandoned us to have lunch with her friends, D and I met up with his friend L for some Chinese food at Kam Shing.



After a run up Mount-Royal and a 25-minute walk to the restaurant, we were seriously famished. We ordered the beef chow mein and the salt & pepper shrimp. It was great and much more satisfying than our experience at the Golden Regency Restaurant. I love chow mein, the crispy fried noodles softened up by the sauce and the beef chow mein met my expectations. I really enjoyed the generous portion of deep-fried shrimp goodness that really satisfied my salty tooth. The two dishes were perfect for 3 people.


Beef chow mein for $9.00



Salt & Pepper Shrimp, $11.50.


My sister L and her boyfriend head to Kam Shing regularly for Chinese food cravings because it's close to their place. The portions are generous, the food is reliable and the prices reasonable. What more can you ask for?

Kam Shing Chinese on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

Gastronomer said...

I was craving sticky, sweet General Tso's chicken the whole time I was reading FCC! And now I'm craving it again thanks to your post.