Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Potato Salmon Cakes

Another potato recipe! With the leftover dill from the potato salad, I made chả cá (Vietnamese fish with dill) but I still had dill left. Dill is sold in ridiculously big bunches! Luckily, I found Chef at Home's potato fish cake recipe that used dill. This recipe was very easy and quick to make, not to mention salmon is a great source of Omega-3 fatty acids!



The recipe calls for cooking a salmon fillet and mixing it with potato, dill and green onion. It makes very big cakes because I only had 8 oz. of salmon and two small potatoes to make 4 regular size cakes. There's a horseradish sauce in the recipe but I just dipped my cakes in tartar sauce. I really like the flavour of the dill and it makes the cakes look so pretty with specks of green. And I have finally finished with the dill!


Salmon is simply seasoned, fried and added to potatoes.


Potato salmon mixture made into cakes.

2 comments:

Gastronomer said...

I can smell the dill through the computer monitor! Mmm!

Katerina said...

Those look really yummy...I bet they would be really good with Sour Cream!