Sunday, November 1, 2009

Roasted Carnival Squash

A Thanksgiving meal wouldn't be complete without some squash! I spotted pretty squashes at the Farmer's Market and thought they would help dress my table. However, nothing should be left uneaten, so we cut it up and roasted it (more specifically, my sister L). Nothing better than decoration that doubles as food! I searched the internet and it seems these orange striped squashes are carnival squashes. They tasted awesome and I really liked the spotted peel!

IMG_9080

Roasted Carnival Squash - Serves 6-8
My sister also suggested using maple syrup instead of brown sugar.

2 small carnival squash
2 tbsp oil
2 tbsp brown sugar
salt, to taste
freshly ground black pepper, to taste
rosemary from 2 sprigs, chopped

Cut the squash in half and remove the seeds.
Cut the squash in slices and place in a bowl.
Add all of the remaining ingredients and mix until the slices are coated.
Place the slices on a baking sheet, in one single layer.
Bake at 375F for 30 minutes or until the squash is cooked and soft.
Tada!

IMG_9067 IMG_9072
Such a pretty heart shape!

For the rest of the Thanksgiving Menu:

No comments: