Wednesday, August 25, 2010

La Crêperie Bretonne (Paris, France)

Another Paris post by my sister L, from her honeymoon in Paris.

*************************************************************************************
La Crêperie Bretonne
56 Rue du Montparnasse

Paris, France

Another favourite restaurant of mine that a Parisian friend took me to the first time I visited is a little restaurant specializing in food from the Britanny region. The menu includes savoury crêpes or galettes (crêpes made out of buckwheat) as well as dessert crêpes all served with sparkling cider.

DSC_8864 DSC_8855
DSC_8859 The crêperie and our cider.

Montparnasse is riddled with crêperie, and unlike L’As du Fallafel, it is impossible to know which one began this trend, but I am so happy with my little crêperie that I wouldn’t try another.

DSC_8861 DSC_8862 Our galette and our dessert crêpe.

D and I both chose the savoury galette with stuffed with merguez and ratatouille. It came served oozing with a pat of melted butter. We had a lovely light cider which suited me fine and shared a specialty of the house for dessert: a chocolate and pear crêpe, flambée with Grand Marnier and served with vanilly ice cream. A great consistent casual meal!

No comments: