Monday, February 23, 2009

Pan Fried Basa & Asparagus with Crab Sauce

On my continued quest to eat fish once a week, I made another recipe of my mom's: fish and asparagus with a crab sauce. My mom said she tried to imitate a dish from a Chinese restaurant. All I know is that I really enjoy this and it is very easy! (By the way, I found frozen packages of basa filet much cheaper at the Asian grocery store and I thought the fish actually tasted better also.)



Pan Fried Basa & Asparagus with Crab Sauce
I remember my mom making this dish with deep fried, battered fish but she makes it by pan frying it now. Deep frying could be an option for a once in a while treat.

* pan fried basa filet
* oil
* ½ onion, thinly sliced
* 100 g (¼ lb.) crab, frozen, canned or even better, fresh!
* salt, to taste
* pepper, to taste
* water
* flour
* ½ bunch of asparagus, washed and cut into 1" pieces

Pan fry a basa filet and set aside.
Stir fry onion in a bit of oil until softened.
Add the crab and break apart.
Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Mix a little flour (1 tsp) in water and add to the crab to help thicken the sauce.
Set aside half the sauce for the fish.
Add the asparagus to the remaining sauce until cooked.
Add some water if it becomes too dry.
Top the fish with half the crab sauce.
Serve with the asparagus.
Tada!


Stir frying the crab and adding the asparagus.


Sauce with asparagus sauce.



Filet topped with asparagus sauce.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

looks delicious.

Miss.Adventure said...

Thank you, T!