Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Stir Fried Cabbage

Sometimes I just feel the need to eat vegetables. Maybe it's my body trying to tell me something. I don't understand people who dislike ALL vegetables. How does one function without? Anyway, I had a cabbage in my refrigerator and decided on making a stir fried dish I frequently made when I moved out on my own and didn't really know how to cook.

It's a very easy dish, with pretty much just two ingredients: cabbage and soy sauce. I like it pretty salty so I add a lot of soy sauce. I know cabbage (and its small relative, Brussel sprouts) is not a very popular vegetable. I don't really understand. I like both the taste and texture of cabbage.

Stir Fried Cabbage
You could add some onion to this dish but I like it just this way. I used a Savoy cabbage, but any cabbage will do.

* oil
* cabbage, sliced thinly (about ¼" thick)
* soy sauce

Heat up oil in a pan.
Add cabbage slices.
Add soy sauce to taste and mix well.
Cook until the cabbage is cooked through.

Sliced cabbage and some soy sauce (the more the better for me!).

1 comment:

Hedgehog said...

I love cabbage as well, sometimes I do cabbage stir fry with egg as well. Brussel sprouts are really good for you so I don't understand why people don't eat them all year round (only available mostly around Xmas time in England)