Saturday, January 10, 2009

Dinner with the Girls at Pizzeria Napoletana

189 Dante St.
Montréal, Québec
514.276.8226
website

Going home for the holidays is always a good chance to get together with old friends since everyone is in town to visit their family. In my engineering class, we were only 7 girls and so became good friends. Six out of us were in town, which is rare, so we decided to have dinner together. AM, whom I saw in Banff, suggested Pizzeria Napoletana for its affordable menu and because it's a bring your own wine restaurant.



Pizzeria Napoletana is located in Little Italy and is one of the best restaurant for pizza in Montréal. This explains the people willing to wait outside in the freezing cold! Reserving may be a good idea if you don't want to wait. We were not able to get a reservation until 8 pm. Their menu is ridiculously extensive with over 30 choices each of pizzas and pastas.



I went for #31, the Minerva, with mozzarella, feta, pesto, tomatoes, olives and fresh onions. I love pizzas with pesto! I obviously did not read the description properly because I was surprised by the raw onion. I do like onion but there was way too much. I only ate a bit of onion. I do like thin crust pizzas and Napoletana's pizzas are thin!



I didn't take pictures of the other girls' meals. We were too busy talking! Everyone seemed to enjoy their pizzas and pastas though. My friend E, who now lives in Boston, came with her husband and a friend. Her husband was the only one who ordered dessert: tira misu. The tira misu looked like the authentic stuff, and not made with cake! Next time, I'll have to try it!

Pizzeria Napoletana on Urbanspoon

No comments: