Friday, June 25, 2010

Lobster and Corn Soup

With some of the leftover lobsters (my mom barbecued the lobster tails), my mom stir fried some and also made soup. I recalled my sister and I really enjoying a seafood and corn soup that came dry from a package. My mom decided to reproduce this soup with lobster.

IMG_0482

Lobster and Corn Soup - Serves 4
As mentioned above, my mom used leftover lobster (no tail) - Vietnamese don't waste food! You could use a whole lobster and add the meat from the lobster tail - much more decadent this way!

* 6 cups (1.5 L) water
* 1 lobster, uncooked
* 1 piece of ginger
* 2 ears of corn, kernels sliced off - save the cobs
* 1 beaten egg
* green onion, sliced thinly

Boil water and add the lobster.
Add a piece of ginger and the corn cobs.
Skim the scum off the surface.
Once the lobster is cooked, remove any lobster meat and roe you can get.
Add the sliced corn kernels and the lobster back into the soup.
Season with salt and pepper.
Turn down the heat to a simmer.
Slowly pour the beaten egg while stirring the soup with a fork (or chopstick!).
Top with green onions.
Tada!

No comments: