Friday, June 18, 2010

Safin Grill (Hamilton, ON)

95 King St East
Hamilton, Ontario
905.540.8536


Everyone should have a favourite hole-in-the wall place for shish taouk or shawarma. My go-to place is Safin Grill. One of their locations is close to my place in downtown Hamilton. It's a bit of a sketchy area (there used to be a stripper bar I think but they do have other locations) so I usually take out.

IMG_0457

I always go for the chicken shawarma, a pita filled with pieces of chicken, onions, lettuce and tomato, topped with a garlicky and hot sauce if that's your preference. Some of my friends prefer to order the chicken with rice.

IMG_0459
It's messy but good!

The well seasoned chicken is cooked for a long time so has a bit of a shredded texture. I love the cooked onions that add another dimension. And of course, I'm all about the sauce. For $6, go and enjoy!

IMG_0466
The onions add crunch.

Safin Grill on Urbanspoon

No comments: