Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Food for Thought: A Dollar Diet

I will be off to Banks, Alberta for the next week and then Montréal, Québec until the end of the month. I'm looking forward to sharing my pictures of Alberta and some more of my mom's cooking when I get back.

Meanwhile, I read about a blog called One Dollar Diet Project. It's based on the World Bank's statistic that a billion people live on a dollar a day or less for food. I got the chance to eat cheaply in Vietnam for a few months, but I still don't think I spent that little. I haven't got a chance to read too many posts but am looking forward to it.

I have been thinking more about the cost of food, being more careful about money while I am unemployed. I have thought of giving myself a budgetary challenge (although I don't think I could go that low) so maybe it will give me some ideas.

No comments: