Monday, December 15, 2008

Vegetarian Chili

Another vegetarian recipe that I learned from my ex-roommie D is this vegetarian chili. It's not anything like a traditional chili at all, but it's really good. And healthy, and easy. There is a number of ingredients and I eat it like I ate Campbell's vegetable soup, in order leading up to my favourite ingredient (even though I like them all!): peppers and tofu, black eyed peas and corn.



D's Vegetarian Chili

* 1 tbsp oil
* firm tofu, cubed
* salt
* 1 onion, small diced
* 2 peppers, diced
* 2 zucchinis, diced
* black eyed peas, soaked overnight
* 1 jar of salsa - I buy the extra spicy!
* 1 can of tomatoes
* 1 can of corn, drained - frozen would be fine too

Brown tofu in some oil.
Season with salt and set aside.
Stir fry onion, peppers and zucchini.
Add tofu back in with the black eyed peas.
Pour the whole jar of salsa in.
Once the peppers and zucchini are cooked, add tomatoes.
Add the corn and mix.
Tada!

Dry black eyed peas must be soaked.

Diced tofu.

Chopped zucchi and red peppers.

Tofu added.

Adding black eyed peas.


Ready to dig in!

You can follow the same recipe and replace the tofu with ground beef if you prefer. I just start by cooking the beef with some Tex Mex seasoning and add everything else.

No longer vegetarian!

No comments: