Monday, July 27, 2009

Fresh Corn Salad

For our last dinner together, I decided to make Barefoot Contessa's Fresh Corn Salad. It's one of the recipes I've made the most in her cookbook. It's easy and so good. I realize it's not quite corn season yet, but I couldn't resist. I solemnly swear not to buy corn until August...



Fresh Corn Salad
From Barefoot Contessa.

* 5 ears of corn, cooked and kernels sliced off
* ½ cup small-diced red onion (1 small onion)
* 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
* 3 tablespoons good olive oil
* ½ teaspoon kosher salt
* ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
* ½ cup julienned fresh basil leaves

In a bowl with the cooked kernels, add all of the ingredients except for the basil and mix well.
Ideally, let it sit for an hour for the flavours to meld together.
Top with basil before serving.
Tada!



My sister made bean burgers as our main course. I didn't pay enough attention to write down the recipe. It was very tasty. An overall healthy meal!


L's bean burgers.

No comments: