Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Barefoot Contessa's Sun-Dried Tomato Dip

I was heading to my friend S' baby shower and offered to bring something. I made Barefoot Contessa's Sun-Dried Tomato Dip. Ina Garten writes in her book that this is the favourite dip at her store and is similar to thousand island dressing. The feedback I got was similar; everyone really liked this dip. It's quite an easy dip to make too. You pretty much just add all the ingredients in a food processor and blend. I served it with some healthy vegetables, including cherry tomatoes from my garden!



Sun-dried Tomato Dip
From Barefoot Contessa cookbook.
I didn't measure the ingredients closely and it still turned out well. I also skipped the salt because the sun-dried tomatoes I bought provided enough saltiness to the dip. I didn't have tabasco and added hot sauce instead. I didn't really find it gave a kick but it did help add the nice reddish colour to the dip.

* ¼ cup sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained and chopped (8 tomatoes)
* 8 oz cream cheese, at room temperature
* ½ cup sour cream
* ½ cup good mayonnaise
* 10 dashes, hot red pepper sauce
* 1 teaspoon kosher salt
* ¾ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
* 2 scallions, thinly sliced (white and green parts)

Place all the ingredients in a food processor and blend.
Serve with vegetable or pita pockets.
Tada!


All the ingredients in a food processor.


Sun-Dried Tomato Dip with veggies.

1 comment:

Gastronomer said...

Oh, Nina. You make taking dip to a party adorable!