Tuesday, August 18, 2009

BLT with pesto mayo

What do I enjoy most about growing tomatoes? Making BLT's!! I've mentioned I like my salt and I like my bacon. There's nothing better than having a BLT with fresh tomatoes!



BLT
I realize there's nothing difficult about making a BLT. I did make mine a bit more unique by making a pesto mayo. I'm obsessed with pesto right now having basil in my garden. I've also just added basil in the sandwich instead of mixing the pesto in.

* 1 tsp pesto (preferably homemade)
* 1 tbsp mayo
* 2 slices of bread, toasted
* bacon, cooked until crips and patted dry
* tomato, sliced
* salt and pepper, to taste
* lettuce leaf

Mix pesto and mayo to make pesto mayo.
Spread over one slice of bread
Lay the bacon on top
Top with tomato slices. (optional: season with salt and pepper)
Place the lettuce on top.
Slice diagonally.
Tada!


Pesto mayo and bacon.


Tomato and lettuce.

1 comment:

Cheese said...

Yumm! That's tangy...... I wanna try this.