Welcome to my new blog! To those who are not familiar, this is my second blog. My first was about my misadventures in Vietnam. Now we can explore my misadventures at home... I wanted to share a few reasons/motivations why I am starting a new blog (if you’re read my previous blog, you know I like to make lists… I also like to make comments in parenthesis…ok, I digress…):
- Writing is fun! Writing about food is even more fun! As I suspected, I did write a lot about food on my previous blog. I associate Vietnam with food, and so it was unavoidable to write about food on a blog about my stay in Vietnam! What I found out was that I really enjoyed writing.
- Writing about my mom’s food. Writing these posts about Vietnamese food very often reminded me of my mom’s cooking. Not to boast, but my mom is a super cook! I wanted a chance to share all of her recipes. This will also force me to capture the recipes in an orderly manner!
- Sharing my favourite foods. Having started to read more and more food blogs, I also wanted to share some of my favourite foods. Foods that I’ve been missing in the past months.
- Sharing my own cooking? I also do enjoy cooking. I’m more hesitant about sharing this since I don’t think I make anything special, but we’ll see as I go along how my own cooking is or is not interesting…
- The food blogging community. I have been reading many food blogs. I’d like the chance to participate in food blogging events and exchange in food thoughts!
- Expand my culinary skills. I think this will motivate me to try new things, whether it’s cooking or eating.
- I love my house. And so I would love to share my projects around the house, be it my latest upholstery project or new cushions. BTW: I bought my house two years ago. It's 80 years old but it has been completely renovated. It is still a work-in-progress and so I can hopefully capture the "in-progress" part.
I had been blogging while on “sabbatical”. So as I start working (fingers crossed – job hunting now!), I hope I have enough time to write a couple of times a week. Let the misadventures begin!
360 Restaurant At The CN Tower
2 months ago