Sunday, July 4, 2010

Sushi Japango (Dollard-des-Ormeaux, QC)

11672 boulevard De Salaberry
Dollard-des-Ormeaux, Québec
514.683.0808

My week in Montréal wasn't all play; I stayed at my mom's and worked from my company's office in Québec. Luckily, the office was only a mere 10 minute from her place. Even better, this meant that I could stop by to the sushi shop where my mom works part-time for lunch!

IMG_0513 IMG_0512
Sushi is so colourful!

Like many sushi shops in Montréal, Sushi Japango's owners are Vietnamese. They mainly do take-out but there are a couple of tables to eat-in. The little shop is nestled within Marché de l'Ouest, a little food market where you can find specialty food stores, as well as a farmer's market outside.

IMG_0511 IMG_0510
The owner and my mom's co-worker.

My mom explained to me that they pride themselves in making everything fresh and that is why this a popular sushi destination in the West Island.

IMG_0515 IMG_0516
Ready-to-go meals; sushi shops go through a lot of avocado!

Sushi Japango offers lunch meals to go to the office bees nearby. However, I had to go with my favourite: the spicy shrimp roll. It's filled with shrimp, pollock crab meat, roe, crunch tempura and a spicy sauce. I only needed 5 pieces to make me full and happy. Oh, how I wish I worked closer to my mom's year round!

IMG_0518
Spicy shrimp roll.

2 comments:

Thao said...

This looks AWESOME! I love how the rice is thin and there is so much filling. That's quality. Many sushi places try to skimp by putting alot of rice and only a little filling (mostly just a meat, cucumber, and avacado).

Elle said...

I've worked there and would never hesitate eating anything, they would never serve anything that was not made same day (unlike certain other counters) and everything is delicious!