Saturday, July 17, 2010

Basil White Bean Dip

When I need a little break at work, I like to read blogs, including the various ones on glamour.com. I was reading Vitamin G, the health and fitness blot, when I read this garlicky, white bean dip from the cookbook Skinny Bitch in the Kitch. I later checked out the book at the library but without any pictures, cookbooks don't really hold my attention. I did try this dip and really liked it as a healthy snack at work. Super easy to make too!

IMG_0617

Basil White Bean Dip
From Skinny Bitch in the Kitch.
I like the fresh basil flavour so I add a lot more than what is recommended!

* 1-15 oz. can of white (cannelini) beans, drained
* 1-2 cloves of garlic
* 3 Tbsp lemon juice
* 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
* ¼ tsp salt
* ⅛ tsp ground black pepper
* 2 tsp chopped fresh basil

In a food processor, combine the beans, garlic, lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper.
Blend and add in the chopped basil.
Blend again (if it's not blending properly, add more oil or a bit of water).
Serve with baked pita triangles.
Tada!

IMG_0618 IMG_0619
Pita triangles are the perfect vehicle for this dip!

For other dip/spread recipes:
* Cheat's Hummus
* Pan-Fried Onion Dip
* Pea Spread (Mock Chopped Liver)
* Sun-Dried Tomato Dip

No comments: